Physiotherapy is included as a business able to continue helping the community.
We are still open to treat patients face to face with appropriate screening and measures in place.
Our governing bodies are very clear that this is not ‘business as usual’ however a combined decision making process to weigh up the risks versus the benefits of being within the one metre zone.
We are of course continuing to offer ‘virtual or remote’ consultations as a first option in line with our professional guidance.
We would encourage a discussion with your physiotherapist to ascertain the absolute clinical need or preference to meet face to face.
What are we doing at Brook Physiotherapy to minimise the risk to our patients and staff members?
- Telephone triage to discuss whether face to face is appropriate for your problem or whether we may manage your problem through virtual means.
- You will be sent a coronavirus screening form alongside a consent to be seen face to face, which must be signed on your first contact.
- You will be asked to arrive on time for your appointment. If you arrive early you will be asked to wait socially distanced outside of the building or in your car.
- You will be required to wear a face covering throughout your whole attendance, unless instructed by your physiotherapist to remove it in line with exercise advice.
- Your temperature will be taken and recorded on every visit.
- You will be asked to verbally declare that you are well and do not display any symptoms on subsequent sessions.
- You will be asked to wash your hands or use the provided hand gel to cleanse your hands on entering the room.
- All doors will be opened and closed for you.
- Your physiotherapist will be wearing clean PPE (facemask, gloves and apron) and on some occasions a visor.
- The room will no longer have any couch roll and will have been prepared using an antiviral spray covering all surfaces that you may be in contact with.
- You are unlikely to see anyone leaving the treatment rooms as extra time will be left between patients for cleaning, ventilation of the room and PPE changes.
- Should you arrive late for your session then we will unfortunately be unable to offer you any additional time due to the required time to prepare the room for the next patient.
- You will be offered to wash your hands or use the hand gel at the end of your session.
Please rest assured that we do everything in our capacity to minimise the risk and make you feel comfortable in our care.